Moringa oleifera is one of the most talked super plants at the moment.
Rich in antioxidants, extreme high levels of free radicals, lowers high blood pressure, reduces inflammation and draws out heavy metals (see last blog ). High in protein, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Iron, Vitamin A, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Magnesium…just to name a few.
I put together this recipe and its yummy. Eat as a snack, take it with you to work, doesn’t require a fridge.
- 1 cup activated Almonds (soak your almonds for 24 hours wash, drain and dry on the lowest setting in your oven or in a dehydrater. I do 5 kg at once so I always have plenty in my pantry
- 3/4 cup of Cashews
- 3/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbs. of Moringa powder
- 2-5 drops of essential peppermint oil ( I like to use young living or doterra )
- 1/2 cup of date paste
- 1/4 cup of currents
- Salt to taste
Food process all ingredients until it comes together -not too wet though if too dry add a bit more date paste.
Roll balls bite size and roll them in coconut or Moringa powder mixed with coconut.
•500g of ripe apricots, or any fruit of your choice
•7-8 large fresh dates
•Juice-half a lemon
•1 teaspoon of lemon peel
•¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Put all the ingredients in food processor and process until a thick mass – the marmelada is formed. It will need 2-3 min, depends of the power of food processor.
Put the jam into a jar, eat and store the rest in the fridge.
1 cup of millet flour (millet flour makes “Taralli” crispy)
1/2 cup of pulp sesame
½ cup of soaked buckwheat
1 cup of green olives
½ cup of water or less
salt is not needed because of the salty olives
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor until the dough forms into a rough mass.
- Pinch walnut-sized pieces of dough, roll first between your hands, and then against the wooden cutting board, so that the dough forms a thin rope, about ½ inch (1 cm) in diameter and 4” long (10 cm).
- Shape each rope into a ring, and seal the edges together by pressing lightly, then set aside the Taralli rings on a teflex sheets.
- Season with cumin and put in a dehydrator at 42 degrees for 12 hours or until perfectly crispy.
Enjoy the flavors of Italy!